Monday, May 7, 2012

doubt



Thank you to my thoughtful friend Maddie for the surprise birthday gift of A Confident Heart bible study. The front of the book reads "How to Stop Doubting Yourself & Live in the Security of God's Promises" - At which I first doubted this book would actually challenge me to do (whoops).


I, like many other women, have struggled with confidence and insecurities for much longer than I can say but have never read a book addressing solely doubt – both self doubt and doubt that God is my trust. I think somewhere along the way I decided not to confront insecurities head on with Godly confidence because I managed to doubt that I could handle recognizing how all the insecurities fueled my sin. I realized within the first few pages that this book applied to me more than I thought it would– which was both humbling and strangely reassuring. Although I'm only on chapter 3 of this study I have already been so encouraged by the consistent message that God's love is perfect, I don't have to be - along with the many other promises throughout the rest of the study. 




Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. Jeremiah 17:7 



Today I was challenged to actually live knowing my trust is the Lord. Despite my natural tendency to be anxious and crave control of my life - I'm praying for patience and the strength to trust the promise that he does not fail as I fail. I'm also praying for other women in my life who are lost in insecurity whether from a relationship, the world's standards, or from the desire to be in control. God's love is perfect - you don't have to be.




Love, the stagnaros 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment